Dr. Christine Durrance, CORE Research Hub Co-Advisor and Associate Professor of Public Affairs, is hiring hiring a fall Research Assistant to assist with a variety of projects. Please share this opportunity widely and with friends and colleagues who may be interested.
Project Assistant Position
Dr. Christine Durrance is seeking a graduate research assistant (PA) to assist with several empirical research projects. This position is funded through the CORE: Collaborative for Reproductive Equity (core.wisc.edu) at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The PA will contribute to literature reviews and conduct basic research tasks, data cleaning and preparation, and preliminary analyses of data. The PA will meet (remotely for now) regularly with Dr. Durrance. Relevant research projects are in the area of reproductive, maternal, and infant health. Specific projects will focus on state-level abortion restrictions; other contraceptive policy; and hospital closures/ownership status on maternal/infant outcomes.
The 50% research assistantship covers full tuition (in-state or out-of-state) and offers a stipend for 20 hours of work per week. The PA can also choose to pay a small monthly payment for health insurance. This position is for the Fall 2021 semester, with a possible extension to the Spring 2022 semester. Please apply as soon as possible; applications will be considered immediately and accepted until the position is filled. The PA must be a full-time graduate student and maintain satisfactory progress toward their degree.
The core tasks of the RA will be to:
- Conduct literature reviews; gather relevant data or policy information
- Clean and prepare data for analyses
- Conduct descriptive and preliminary analyses
- Contribute to manuscript writing
Key qualifications should include some or all of the following:
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Communicative and responsive
- Some prior experience working with data
- Familiarity with Stata
- Interest in reproductive, maternal, and infant health
- Send a resume (2 pages maximum), cover letter detailing relevant experiences and qualifications (1 page maximum), writing sample (course paper, report, or publication), and contact information for two to three references to Dr. Durrance, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line, please include your name and “Application for PA position – UW CORE”
 Detailed information about graduate assistantships, including current stipend rates, can be found here: https://grad.wisc.edu/funding/graduate-assistantships/